Tampa Enforcement and Contempt Attorney

Unfortunately, disputes over alimony, child support, and child custody do not always end with the entry of a final divorce judgment.  We are mindful that litigation should be a last resort. 

But sometimes push comes to shove and you need the legal wherewithal to enforce or defend your hard won settlement agreement or court order and to protect your rights and those of your children. 

As a former prosecutor and public defender, Scott Davis knows how to mobilize the judicial mechanisms available to ensure full compliance with agreements and court orders.  And as a former marine and high-stakes business litigator, Richard Mockler knows the ins and outs of civil procedure and Florida enforcement law.

When a settlement agreement or court order entitles you to custody or support, you have the right to enforce it if your former spouse (or other party) is not in full compliance.   Florida law offers a number of enforcement mechanisms, including the ability to seize assets, foreclosure on real property, or seek an order holding your former spouse in civil or criminal contempt of court which can include jail time. 

We are experienced in all types of enforcement proceedings, including enforcing or defending against (i) overdue child support payments; (ii) spousal support orders; and (iii) compliance with custody, visitation, and parenting plans.

“If you need to enforce or defend against compliance with court orders, we are just a phone call away." - Scott P. Davis

Contact us to Take Action

Should you need to return to court to enforce a prior order, we will help you present your case to the court and fight to get you the results you deserve.  Contact Tampa Bay Family Law & Mediation, P.A. to take action today.